Birchbox & ipsy Roundup
Both my Birchbox and ipsy bags were centered around the Red Carpet this month. I like certain things in both boxes but wasn’t blown away by either.
This month’s ipsy bag:
- The Lash Card – I’m calling ipsy out on this one. So annoyed! It’s a piece of paper that you hold under your eyes so your mascara doesn’t smudge onto your face. Michelle Phan (one of the owners of ipsy/MyGlam) has shown at least two different ways of doing the same thing, using a business card or a plastic spoon. Since she’s already shown us that we can do this using items we already have around the house, this feels like a huge cop out.
- Shadow Palette by Coastal Scents – not really any colors that I would ever use. I’ll probably keep it on the back burner in case I decide to try a specific look for Halloween, but yellow really doesn’t compliment my complexion/coloring.
- Flawless & Poreless by Pixi – favorite product in this bag. Similar to my favorite product, POREfessional by Benefit.
- Smoky Lash Kapow mascara – you can never have enough mascara!
- Gel Eyeliner by MicaBeauty – I’ve been hoping to try out gel eyeliner after seeing this post on The Small Things Blog.
This month’s Birchbox:
- Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares - Milk & Caramel – YUM!! I never actually splurge and buy these for myself, but I do sure love ‘em. A great little treat for Valentine’s day!
- Juicy Couture – Couture La La perfume – not too much to say here. It smells good, I would maybe consider purchasing if I didn’t already have a billion perfumes I need to go through before worrying about spending money on more.
- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm – favorite product in this box! It’s a little pricey for me at $36.00 for 50mL, but I might consider using my Birchbox Points I’m racking up to use towards this. Great coverage, good color matching, and I don’t feel like my face is gooped up with product.
- Beauty Protector – Protect & Detangle spray – I don’t have a problem with my hair being tangled, but I’ll take some free heat protectant any day of the week! I’m not sure how to tell how effective this sort of product is, but it smells good and didn’t make my hair greasy or anything.
- Color Club Fiesta Collection – Wild Cactus – second favorite product in the box. Good coverage (I could probably get away with just one coat!) and great color! It’s green with a hint of blue which I like, it makes me feel less like a Shamrock Shake. That said, I’ll probably reserve this color for March
Also – have you heard of Bespoke Box? It looks so cool! It’s a subscription box for guys. I’m thinking of signing The Boyf up as a gift. If you’re interested for the man in your life, please use my special invite link so I get credits!